A program designed for novice Mechanical Engineers aspiring to a career in design.
This course will cover:
- Discrete and continuous models. Boundary value problems, various discretization schemes. Finite element method and application of FEM
- Plane stress and plane strain conditions
- Classification of finite element types h and p-elements, mesh convergence
- Structural analysis – definition and types. Elements used in structural analysis. Different types of solution methods
- Structural static analysis, modal analysis, harmonic response analysis, transient dynamic analysis, spectrum analysis and impact analysis
- Thermal analysis – definitions and types, steady state and transient thermal analysis
- Non-linear analysis
- Solving real time problems using finite element analysis
- Project work
Diploma / Advance Diploma / Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Certificate IV in Engineering with minimum 3 years of experience
Short Courses for Companies
This short course can also be run for companies that wish to up-skill their engineering design employees.
For a course tailored to your precise needs and conducted to suit your timetable and budget please contact us.