The courses run for five weeks in the evenings to permit existing employees to obtain the training without interrupting their daily work routines.
This skillset program is designed for novice Mechanical Engineers aspiring to a career in design and / or condition monitoring.
This course will cover:
- Understanding the basics of vibration engineering and dynamics of vibration loads
- Static and dynamic balancing of rotating masses
- Online and offline monitoring of machines and equipment
- Primary and secondary signals (dynamic signals, tribiological signals)
- Different types of condition monitoring techniques
- Types of vibration measuring systems
- Carrying out fixed plant condition monitoring through the implementation and use of vibration inspections
- Vibration data collection and analysis
- Standards for vibration monitoring – AS 2625 Part 1 SEVERITY GUIDELINES
- ISO general standards for vibration severity (10816-1:1995).
Diploma / Advance Diploma / Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Flexible timing, 5 week classes. 35 hours total.
Shaft Alignment and Balancing of Rotating Masses
This skillset program is designed for maintenance technicians.
This course will cover:
Introduction to alignment of rotating shafts, causes of misalignments and types of misalignments such as angular misalignments
Parallel misalignments and axial misalignments (end float)
Shaft centreline relationship
Correcting for shaft misalignment
Pre-start checks before correcting any misalignments
Reverse indicator alignment graphic analysis
Face and rim alignment graphic analysis and across the flex element graphic analysis
Practical session with hands on exposure using laser alignment tool to align shafts
Introduction to co-planer system of forces, force analysis
Static and dynamic balancing
Single and multi-plane balancing of rotating shafts
Precision balancing and techniques using phase shift
Balance quality grades for various groups of rigid rotors
Practical session with hands on exposure using a balancing machine.
Maintenance Technicians / Mechanical Fitters
CERT IV / Diploma / Advance Diploma / Graduate Engineers
Flexible timing, 5 week classes. 30 hours total.
Skillset Courses for Companies
The skillset courses above can also be run for companies to train their existing employees. Courses can be run flexibly to fit in with work schedules.
For a course tailored to your precise needs and conducted to suit your timetable and budget please contact us.